Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Jennie!!



It's my sister Jennies birthday!! She is my sister who is closest in age to me(4 years). I shared a room with her until I was 12. And even when we had separate rooms I would still climb in her bed(c'mon she had a water bed!)
*She was the coolest dresser growing up. I thought she looked like Molly Ringwald. I would always sneak and wear her clothes. I think it really made her mad. But I was really well dressed in Jr. high thanks to her.
*Jennie is my"call-if-I-need-a-good-idea-person". Whether it's a talk in church, craft, school project you name it. The girl has a ton of ideas. I call her the crafty sister.
*She was the first girl in our family to graduate from college.(Unless you count  my beauty school,HA-HA) She is a 5th grade teacher. And mind you she did this with 4 kids, lupus and a husband as a bishop. She is definitely an inspiration.
 * In fact she was the one who inspired me to start running. So thanks to her I have run a 5k and 10k.
* Jennies Birthday was always the forgotten birthday. December 21st, that's a hard one to celebrate. She always got the bum deal like combined Christmas and birthday gift or the old "quick grab one of the presents from under the tree" gift. Sorry Jennie. Hopefully you birthdays have gotten better.
* I love going to visit Jennie in Vegas. The first night I get there we stay up until 3 am talking and laughing. She has great kids, who are so helpful. My boys get along with them so well. They love their cousins Jacob and Gracie.I wish so bad that she lived here though. I almost got her down here, but things didn't turn out. I still pray for it daily. It's kinda a bummer not having my sisters living by me. But we do make the effort to see each other often.
 My favorite memory of Jennie was  the night she was getting ready for prom. She was so excited because my Mom gave her what was supposed to be one of our Great Grandmas necklaces. She was so proud of it, She said, can you believe mom gave this to me?! I couldn't take it anymore, I had to confess..... I actually stole the necklace when I was 5 from my friend next door. When I told her we both laughed so hard we started crying. Of course the one thing that gets passed down to her was stolen goods.  I was always ruining her life. Do you still have that necklace Jen? Cuz I should really give it back to Jill Hill. 
Well Meljean Virginia you are my Favorite sister don't tell the other ones. :) Have a really Happy Birthday!!!

                                                     That's Jennie and me on the end. I am the one who looks like a boy.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Jennie!!! To the other Lamb in the the Witten family.

Ruthy really said it all. You are amazing...with 4 kids, the wife of a bishop you became a college graduate. You are now a great 5th grade teacher. You are the person I call when I need to give a talk or need a good craft.

Happy Birthday!!

Cathy Woodruff said...

Where do you get all these cool pictures? They sure do bring back memories. I remember the day the picture of Jennie in the overalls was taken. I use to love taking my cute little sis with me everywhere and loved putting her in overalls. Happy birthday Jen! Ruth you sure do a great job. It is great having four wonderful sisters.

heather said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Jennie!! I hope that you didn't get jipped this year because of Christmas.

ps. I love the story about the necklace.

Aaron said...

More old pictures of Beth please.

David and Jennie Lamb said...

Okay Ruth, you don't have to get me anything else for my birthday, that made my year, it made me cry and everything! I just so everyone knows, I do not have that necklace anymore, I thought you gave it back to Jill, bummer cuz I did LOVE it.

Love Ya!

David and Jennie Lamb said...

Okay Ruth, you don't have to get me anything else for my birthday, that made my year, it made me cry and everything! I just so everyone knows, I do not have that necklace anymore, I thought you gave it back to Jill, bummer cuz I did LOVE it.

Love Ya!