Thursday, June 11, 2009

Melbourne, Australia

After a couple of days we left Sydney and flew to Melbourne. I loooooved Mebun!(how they pronounce it) It was more quaint and family friendly, yet very hip. Right off the plane we got a lovely tour of the city by Luke.(he worked on the show) Best tour guide ever. I swear he was making things up. Either way, way better then a bus tour.

This is Luke. Easily one of my favorite people in Australia.
These Luna parks are all over Australia. Scott thinks this was what Luna's(the group) first album was named after. They looked way fun. Think Conney Island, but cleaner. 

This was the day before the first show. we came down to the venue to meet everybody. The place was an old Ballet theater. Isn't beautiful. We we so honored to be playing in the same venue as Billy Ocean.( I guess that's only funny if you grew up in the 80s.) All the people that worked on the show were so nice. I feel like I made some great friends here.


This is the next day. The first YGG show in Melbourne. This was what we saw when we first walked up. All these families with kids that were sooooooo excited to be there. This was the point that I started crying. I've seen a kid here or there who love the show, but not this many all in one place.  I couldn't take it.


                   Tomorrow I'll tell ya all about the show. Ooooooo, are you so excited?



4 comments:

Georgia said...

Sounds like a dream come true!

Congratulations!

Heather and James Georgianna said...

I love the picture with all the people entering the show with scott in the front

Sarah said...

How exciting! Congratulations on all the YGG success.

Christy said...

Get outta my head! And into my car! I LOVE Luke. He just LOOKS funny. Great pictures, btw.