Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ollie and Davy

Ollie was probably the most excited for Davy to come home. This was the very first time he got to hold his little sister. He is always willing to help her. The other day he was watching her monitor and he noticed her blanket moved and covered her face. I asked him if he would mind moving it down for me. He jumped up and in a high girly song voice said, "only because I Loooooove her." then i watched on the monitor as he put his hand on her and said, "don't worry little sister, I'm here, I'll help you." It got me all warm and fuzzy inside.
****************************************************************************************
Last week Ollie's Teacher brought us the most amazing dinner. No really, she even printed a menu. It was the nicest thing ever. I am constantly amazed by the outpouring of love and service that my family has received. I came home from the hospital to the full spread on the table and Ollie said............
Ollie- Mom, do you think this is a dream or real?
Me- Hmmm I don't know.
Ollie- MOM, It's NOT a dream! Mrs. Spillet-Maurer knows where we LIIIIIIVE!!!!!
It probably was the best thing that has ever happened to him. He couldn't stop talking about it.

7 comments:

stacy said...

oh i love that he sings about how much he loves her. what a SWEET big brother.

i love andrea!!!! how sweet of her to bring you guys dinner. she came to our apt. the day before we moved to AZ and cried and hugged and kissed all the kids. she is so special, we haven't had such luck with teaches here.

i'm glad you've got your baby home where she belongs. can't wait for your new normal to happrn for you...any day now. :)

Georgia said...

The pictures of Ollie and Davy are absolutely adorable. You can just see how much Ollie loves his little sister! It makes me all warm and fuzzy feeling, too Ruth. LOL!

heather said...

ryan says he's not surprised ollie is the one who's most into her. he says it's because of the way he's so caring, gentle and fascinated with his pets.

Sarah said...

I just found your blog via a link from Amelia Lyons' website.

You are a true inspiration.

I was 20 weeks pregnant when we lost our son four months ago due to a rare chromosomal abnormality.

We have been blessed with a son, who just turned two, and we are trying again, but it has been a hard time.

Again, your positivity and faith are amazing. Thank you. Best wishes to your family.

amber buhrley said...

Oh man, I love that kid. My favorite picture is the top middle. Ollie looks really sweet! and I cant get over davy's eyes.

kymberli q. said...

Came across your blog via Amelia's...thank you for sharing your story. You share it beautifully and little Davy is a doll (and your entire family is adorable). You are blessed. :)

Becky Mutter said...

I love the one of him kissing her. So sweet! Out of curiosity, is he your most rambunctious one? It's MY most rambunctious one that is the most loving with his little sister and most excited for our new baby.
I just love those warm and fuzzy moments when you just KNOW that we pick our families! :0) I want to just hold those moments in my pocket.