Monday, August 2, 2010

and the award goes to.....


Saturday night Scott and I attended the TCA awards. I know, weird that I am at an award show, right? But man oh man, it was so much fun! First off- I had an excuse to get all gussied up, then- had an amazing dinner with good friends and to top it off I got to people watch in a room full of celebrities. Oh yeah and my husband was honored with an award for best kids show, so I guess I would call this a good night.


I found out that we were going to the show like a week ago, so I didn't really have the time to find a new cute dress. Not to mention the lack of money and a postpartum body that is extra lumpy. I ended up wearing the same dress I always wear to award shows(ok the other 2 we've gone to). I have to admit I was a little bummed at first but when I got there the cocreators wife was wearing the same dress she wore to the emmys(love you Shanna)! I gave her high fives and then felt much better in my polyester Lakers purple thrift store dress.

I'm the type of person that loves to spot a celeb and then watch from afar. I don't need to chitchat or an autograph, I mean I really have nothing to say to them sooo...... I have a friend take a picture of me with the celeb strategically place behind me. I don't know why this makes me giggle, but it does.

I think I like Tyler's pictures better. He likes to see if he can get celebs to strangle him. I love that the one celeb he went up to was Manny in Modern family. Seriously Modern Family is MY FAVORITE show on right now. If you are not watching it, start now.

But this was the best picture of the night.
I would like to thank Julia and Beth for making my night possible.
thankyouthankyouthankyou.

19 comments:

Brynn said...

Awesome!!!! That makes me giddy just thinking about being in the same room as Tom. (we are on a first name basis) Congrats to you guys!!!!

Susie Demke said...

"Like"
Congrats! You're looked smashing and purple is totally your "season". I like the pic of you and K with TH behind you cuz you both have the same grin. Oh- and TH is in the backround!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Who is that Yellow Character? I have a plastic one of those in my little one's toy box and I have absolutely no idea who or what it is supposed to be!

Cute tho.

Leah said...

I think your dress is gorgeous and your hair even better! Can I say that I really don't like yo gabba gabba, maybe I shouldn't! But we looooove Modern Family over here in Australia. We are in the first season, how old is it actually?

whitneyingram said...

Who just comes on your blog and tells you they don't like "Yo Gabba Gabba"? Do they not know it's your husbands imagination on television? Kind of strange they would tell you they don't like it.

You do like quite lovely. Lakers purple is one of your colors. And the belt makes it.

whitneyingram said...

And by "like", I mean "look".

Melany said...

W O W you guys are rockstars. i got to go to a movie premiere once (a bug's life) and spent the whole night celebrity watching. loved it. congrats ygg! you look so purty ruth! even if you already hadn't had FOUR kids!

Anonymous said...

We (me and my kids) love Yo Gabba Gabba, had no idea your husband is the co-creator??? How cool is that? Jealous!!!
Problem is that it's never on anymore on Nick. I'll have to check the schedule and DVR it. Seriously...jealous!!
Love your dress!

Aboo10 said...

I had no idea you were related to Yo Gabba Gabba - my kids LOVE IT!!! Congratulations to Scott, and you looked STUNNING!! What a lovely night out!!

Michelle said...

Amazing! I think you should stick with the purple dress, it is darling

Unknown said...

Geez, Ruth, could you possibly BE any more gorgeous?!! Seriously!

And I agree, Modern Family is so amazing, but it comes in second place for me behind my beloved Yo Gabba! :)

Georgia said...

You and Scott looked amazing....and the evening sounds AWESOME. So happy for you guys! I love the 'celebrity in the background' photos. I would TOTALLY do that.

And Modern Family is the best show......its funny, I DVR them, and re-watch them alot. Did you she the Fizbo The Clown episode. HYSTERICAL!!!!! I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Anyhow.....I'm thrilled for you guys! Congrats!

heather said...

you don't look lumpy. you look skinny. especially next to kristyn and that's really hard to do. and i love the manny picture!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Yo? For Reals?! Yo Gabba Gabba is the best show ever. My son and our neighbor have Yo Gabba Gabba dates. They visit each other and watch the show and laugh and pee their pants and eat popcorn, every week.

That's awesome that your husband is behind the whole thing, very very cool.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

oh and the purple dress is totally hot.

Leah said...

Ok sorry to upset some people! But when i say I don't like yo gabba gabba doesn't mean its not playing at least 2 to 3 times here in this house a day! Thanks to my son, he loves it!

kristyn said...

How sad, it looks like I am smuggling football pads under my dress! I keep telling myself it's the angle!

Beth said...

Ruth you look amazing in these pictures! I am glad you had such an wonderful night and that I could help out.

I am so happy that Scott gets the recgontion that he deserves...he is soooooooo talented! :)

The picture of you hanging out with Tom is awesome!

Leslie said...

i am so star struck! love that you guys got to do that.